Why Swimming Is the Best Form of Exercise
Swimming is an activity for everybody and it’s never too late for anyone to learn it.
Comments (10)|46 Liked It
WHO CAN SWIM?
Swimming is excellent for everybody. It’s a kind of sport that is suitable for all ages. But we should know that it’s best for all of us to learn how to swim correctly. Why? Because swimming is not just a sport, it’s also a survival skill. We are not like sharks or dolphins that can breathe and live underwater. A lot of people drown in deep water because of improper breathing and wrong techniques. A proper warm up like stretching is crucial to avoid cramps. Swimming is more enjoyable if you are trained. It doesn’t matter how old or young you are. You can learn to swim and enjoy the water parks.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SWIMMING?
Before I answer this question I’m going to ask you first these questions.
- Are you asthmatic?
- Are you afraid of rough sports that could break your arm or leg?
- Are you overweight? Do you want to lose weight without fracturing your knee?
- Do you think that sweating a lot while exercising is disgusting for you?
- Do you want to improve your flexibility?
If you said yes to one of these questions then you better start stretching now and dive in the pool!
Swimming is recommended for the elderly to have a healthy and fit body; it’s also advisable for overweight people, injured athletes and those who have circulatory problems. It improves cardiovascular and lower blood pressure. It’s the best physical activity for those who love to exercise, and it’s also important for physical therapy. A lot of athletes from different sports are finding swimming to be a great way to improve the condition of their body. It can improve flexibility and rehabilitate injuries because it doesn’t stresses your joints.
WHY IS SWIMMING EXCITING?
There’s a lot of amusing things to do in swimming. It is connected to several sports like wake boarding, scuba diving, snorkeling, synchronized swimming, triathlon, and water polo.
Many adults become involved in programs with organized coaching, workouts, and competition.
WHAT ARE THE STROKES IN SWIMMING?
There are four strokes in swimming. Freestyle, Backstroke, Butterfly and Breaststroke.
- Freestyle – Is the fastest and most efficient swimming technique
- Backstroke – Is the only stroke that is swum on the back, the swimmer looking up
- Butterfly – Is powerful, graceful and fast
- Breaststroke – Is one of the easiest and most relaxing strokes
TIPS FOR THE POOL:
- When the kids are in the pool always have an adult to watch for them — even in your own house
- Obey pool rules all the time
- Swim with a friend
- Don’t allow the kids to swim in the deep area while learning to swim
- Don’t rely on floaters, beach ball and airmat, they’re not made to save your life
- Don’t eat or chew gum while swimming
- Always wear a swimsuit. It’s easier to swim wearing appropriate swimming attire.
- Don’t make it a habit to close your eyes while swimming. It’s safer for you to see what’s underwater. Wear goggles to avoid eye irritation.
- Don’t dive in the shallow area of the pool
TIPS FOR THE BEACH OR WATER PARKS:
- Don’t swim out too far especially if it’s wavy
- Don’t let the kids play or swim alone. Keep your eye on them.
- Wear a life jacket if you don’t know how to swim
- Wear beach footwear if it’s rocky
Everyone likes to think that his or her sport is the best. So what is the best all-around exercise? Who knows? Maybe the best one is any one that keeps you interested in exercising. So if you’ve decided that swimming is the best exercise for you, you’re probably right.