Never Underestimate Your Opponent
Post Comment|0 Liked It
Cricket is a glorious game with a rich history. Over the years, a lot of big teams have suffered losses against minnows because they underestimated them. Let’s look at some of the upsets:
- Netherlands beat England in the 2009 T20 world cup. That was a game that England was supposed to win. England posted a good total batting first, unfortunately Netherlands won that game.
- Scotland defeated Bangladesh on July 2012. This was the first time Scotland defeated a test playing nation. It was a big upset.
- Pakistan lost to Ireland on 2007 world cup. This was a game that knocked Pakistan out of the world cup.
- Pakistan lost to Bangladesh on 1999 world cup. Bangladesh was seriously a weak nation back then; losing against them was unthinkable.
- Australia lost to Zimbabwe on 2007 T20 world cup. Again, this loss was not supposed to happen.
These kind of upsets happen every now and then. I think big teams should stop underestimating weaker teams.