Safety Precautions for Ladies Running by Themselves
Safety Precautions for Running By Yourself.
Comments (2)|5 Liked It
The safest way to run or walk is with someone else. However, sometimes it is hard to find someone to go with you when you have time to go. If you are like me, you like to run by yourself. When I go for a walk I usually have someone with me but running is more of a “push yourself” kind of thing and when training for 5ks, 10ks, halfs, or full marathons you must make sure your are training a certain way. With the world is the way it is today you need to take precautions. If you are going out for a run or walk by yourself here are some tips to follow:
1. NEVER run the same route at the same time on the same days. Predators will notice and know when you will be coming and actually will have time to plan an attack. It is actually nice to change up the route anyway. You can look up a map and see miles and make your route up.
2. Never post your route on the apps that allow you to map your running routes. I just don’t trust who sees it and you never know.
3. Buy running pants and shorts with the zip pocket in the back to you can put a cell phone and license in it. They also sell waist packs you can run with. They come in different sizes. They really don’t bother you when running if you put them over your shirt when running. You can put pepper spray in it also.
4. Tell your family or friends you are going running. Tell them your route and how long it should take you.
5. Run only where there are sidewalks.
6. Keep up with the news in your area. If there has been a lot of crime in a certain area aviod it.