Dovizioso Fastest, Ducati Swing Arm Aluminum Try
Andrea Dovizioso was quickest in the post-race testing at the Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, Monday (06/04/2012). Apparently, the electronics and the use of the new specification engine helps the Tech three Yamaha rider,who a day earlier on the podium number three Catalunya GP.
Post Comment|0 Liked It
Andrea Dovizioso was quickest in the post-race testing at the Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, Monday (06/04/2012). Apparently, the electronics and the use of the new specification engine helps the Tech 3 Yamaha rider,who a day earlier on the podium number three Catalunya GP.
Dovizioso recorded the best time of 1 minute 41.997 seconds. He beat the Yamaha rider crashed during the race when competing with the rider in the front row, Ben Spies. The third position is occupied Pramac Ducati rider, Hector Barbera.
“It’s nice to work today. We tried the new electronics and it is better to control when the grip is reduced, and for the sustainability of the tire, although no change in pace,” said Dovizioso via Twitter. “I’m more like the Yamaha ….”
Meanwhile, two Spanish riders in the leading position during the race, Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa, is outside the top four. Pedrosa is in fifth place, while Lorenzo, who won the 2012 MotoGP race was the fifth series, is in eighth place.
On this occasion, continued to test Ducati swing arm (swing arm) aluminum. The result is not very promising because of Valentino Rossi at number 11 and Nicky Hayden at the top level.
The swing arm has been tried in testing at Mugello, and Rossi were to continue at the beginning of the week in Catalunya. However, in the middle of the week before the race, Rossi turned to carbon fiber swing arm version.
“We tried aluminum swing arm, which if assisted us in terms of grip during acceleration,” said Rossi. “However, this vibration triggers, and contrary to what happens during the test at Mugello, which proved profitable. It would be interesting if we could try it again like in Aragon on Wednesday.”
– The results of testing at Catalunya
1. Andrea Dovizioso Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m41.997s
2. Ben Spies Yamaha Factory Racing 1m42.143s + 0.146
3. Hector Barbera Pramac Racing Team 1m42.186s + 0.189
4. Alvaro Bautista San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m42.309s + 0.312
5. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 1m42.342s + 0.345
6. Casey Stoner Repsol Honda Team 1m42.369s + 0.372
7. Cal Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m42.378s + 0.381
8. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing 1m42.635s + 0.638
9. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m42.769s + 0.772
10. Nicky Hayden Ducati Team 1m42.941s + 0.944
11. Valentino Rossi Ducati Team 1m43.252s + 1.255
12. Karel Abraham Cardion AB Motoracing 1m43.926s + 1.929
13. Randy De Puniet Power Electronics Aspar 1m44.326s + 2.329
14. Aleix Espargaro Power Electronics Aspar 1m44.487s + 2.490
15. Colin Edwards NGM Mobile Forward Racing 1m44.979s + 2.982
16. Michele Pirro San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m45.080s + 3.083
17. Yonny Hernandez Avintia Racing MotoGP 1m45.701s + 3.704
18. Ivan Silva Avintia Racing MotoGP 1m45.841s + 3.844
19. Mattia Pasini Speed Master 1m45.870s + 3.873
20. James Ellison Paul Bird Motorsport 1m46.047s + 4.050