Jiu-jitsu: How to Do a Triangle Choke
This is how to do an MMA Jiu-Jitsu submission move called the triangle choke.
Post Comment|0 Liked It
This is a very simple yet effective move called “the triangle choke” this jiu-jitsu submission move was made famous at the end of the movie lethal weapon #1.
- In order to do this move u must be on you back with your opponent inside of your guard position. u will want to use this move when your opponent tries to strike. (in this article we will be assuming your opponent strikes with his/her right fist)
- What you do is once your opponent tries to strike with his/her fist you grab their wrist and hold it tightly.
- Now depending on which fist your opponent tried to strike with you will use the leg opposite to the fist.(example: opponent strikes with right fist use your left leg and vice verse).
- Take your left leg and put it around your opponent’s neck like so in the picture(make sure to pull your leg down to hold your opponent in place.)
- While still holding your opponent’s wrist with your left hand and holding your right leg over your opponents neck lift your right leg up and place it over the front of your foot and push downwards with your right leg as hard as you possibly can.
- Begin to let go of your left leg and continue to push down with your right leg as hard as possible and grab on to your opponent’s wrist (which should still be in your left hand) and begin to pull on it with both of your hands.
This creates the choke. in no time your opponent should be tapping out and you should be walking away very happy due to a triangle choke. you should practice this move constantly before actually using it so u can have it down perfectly. thank you for your time and good luck with this move.