Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 16
NFL top to bottom.
Comments (5)|2 Liked It
The AFC is a disaster. Seemingly the whole conference is still alive for the playoffs in some way or another. Throw in a week where the underdogs reigned, ant the Power rankings are a jumble again. Here they are, for week 16; Your official NFL Power Rankings.
1. Indianapolis Colts (14-0) (last wk #1)
Head and shoulders above the rest now. Of course they’re saying 16-0 doesn’t matter, but we all know better…
2. New Orleans Saints (13-1) (last wk #2)
Still the second best team in the NFL, although the Chargers are creeping.
3. San Diego Chargers (11-3) (last wk #4)
People are finally noticing the Chargers. They just keep winning, and now they’re starting to swagger.
4. Philadelphia Eagles (10-4) (last wk #6)
Eagles are doing the same thing the Chargers are… quietly winning and winning. The game in two weeks against the Cowboys may end up being the game of the year.
5. Dallas Cowboys (9-5) (last wk #9)
Cowboys fans have been waiting all year for a statement game from Romo. Beating the Saints, outplaying Brees in the dome… that’s a pretty bold statement.
6. Green Bay Packers (9-5) (last wk #5)
That Steelers loss wasn’t raelly a bad loss; they are the defending Super Bowl champs, and it was a desperation game.
7. Minnesota Vikings (11-3) (last wk #3)
The questions are flying about Favre as he fades late in the year once again.
8. Cincinnati Bengals (9-5) (last wk #7)
They played the red hot Chargers tight, but in the end showed why they aren’t an elite team yet.
9. Tennessee Titans (7-7) (last wk #13)
They may not even make the playoffs, but there’s no doubt that this team is one of the better in the league right now.
10. Baltimore Ravens (8-6) (last wk #14)
The Offensive awakening came at just the right time.
11. New England Patriots (9-5) (last wk #10)
They’re still winning games, but they look really bad doing it.
12. Arizona Cardinals (9-5) (last wk #11)
Squeaking one out against the Lions? Weak.
13. Denver Broncos (8-6) (last wk #8)
I’ve been saying for weeks they won’t make the playoffs. They finally make a believer out of me by playing the Colts tough, and then they go lose to Oakland. Go figure.
14. Miami Dolphins (7-7) (last wk #12)
They showed resilliance once again, but couldn’t close the deal. Time to put up or shut up for a ‘Fins team that is more that good enough to belong in the playoffs.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-7) (last wk #22)
Champions come through when their backs are against the wall, and that’s exactly what the Steelers did against the Packers.
16. Houston Texans (7-7) (last wk #17)
Still in the playoff discussion going into week 16. Something of a moral victory? Pretty sure Texans fans are tired of moral victories.
17. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-7) (last wk #16)
Gave the Colts everything they could handle; Del Rio should be coach of the year.
18. Carolina Panthers (6-8) (last wk #21)
Thrashing the Vikings was impressive, but a classic case of too little, too late.
19. New York Giants (8-6) (last week #19)
20. Atlanta Falcons (7-7) (last wk #20)
An ugly win over the Jets, but here they are, almost in the hunt. Almost.
21. Oakland Raiders (5-9) (last week #24)
I’m sure I’ll take some crap for having them this high, but the bottom line is that since benching the worst quarterback in NFL history, the Raiders are almost a decent team.
22. New York Jets (7-7) (last wk #15)
This is a team that was supposed to be a year away; 7-7 is an acomplishment.
23. San Fransisco 49ers (6-8) (last wk #18)
If thus team picks up a good free agent QB this offseason, it will be a force next year.
24. Washington Redskins (4-10) (last wk #23)
This was supposed to be a good year for the Skins… all that money they spent… (why does it seem like this song has been sung before?)
25. Buffalo Bills (5-9) (last wk #25)
Relly thought they would knock off the Pats this time. Still not quite there.
26. Cleveland Browns (3-11) (last week #27)
Ok, they’re still the Browns, but they are improving.
27. Tampa Bay Succaneers (2-12) (last wk #30)
Props to the Succaneers! Only Seattle, but you have to start somewhere.
28. Kansas City Chiefs (3-11) (last wk #29)
Just an awful year; losing a shootout to Cleveland is like getting beat up by a skinny, nerdy 10 year old.
29. Chicago Bears (5-9) (last wk #26)
Have I mentioned that Jay Cutler just plain sucks?
30. Seattle Seahawks (5-9) (last wk #28)
You guys got whooped by The Sucs. Shame on you.
31. Detroit Lions (2-12) (last wk #31)
At least it wasn’t 0-16 again.
32. St Louis Rams (1-13) (last week #32)
Congrats on the first pick in the draft. (Still poop).
Also From Mnofdichotomy:
|Chad Ochocinco’s Tribute to Chris Henry… a Reminder of Our Humanity|