Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 14
NFL top to bottom.
Comments (24)|7 Liked It
Week 13 is in the books; the playoffs are as confusing in this era of parity (read: mediocrity). Some surprises; the Steelers are on the verge of an epic collapse, the Pats dynasty is now just a memory. The Bengals and Packers sit near the top… torches appear to be passing. Here are your ‘Official’ power rankings for week 14.
Also From Mnofdichotomy:
1. New Orleans Saints (12-0) (last wk #1)
It was close, but these are the games that championship teams have to win.
2. Indianapolis Colts (12-0) (last wk #2)
Yet another contender swatted down.
3. Minnesota Vikings (10-2) (last wk #3)
Still the third best team in the NFL. They just ran into the Cards on the wrong day. Any given Sunday and all that. The Favre whispers have of course started; relax. He’s fine.
4. Green Bay Packers (8-4) (last wk #5)
I caught an enormous amount of flack for having them at #5 last week. They sure looked the part Monday… other than a five minute stretch in the third quarter, they utterly dominated the Ravens.
5. San Diego Chargers (9-3) (last wk #4)
Didn’t exactly steamroll the Browns, but 9-3 is 9-3.
6. Cincinnati Bengals (9-3) (last wk #7)
We keep expecting them to fall apart…
7. Arizona Cardinals (8-4) (last wk #11)
One of those games against the Vikes where everything worked.
8. Dallas Cowboys (8-4) (last wk #6)
Being swept by the Giants hurt their pride, but they’re still in the NFC East driver seat.
9. Philadelphia Eagles (8-4) (last wk #10)
That final week showdown with Dallas is beginning to loom.
10. Denver Broncos (8-4) (last wk #13)
Chance this week to silence the naysayers this week at Indy.
11. New England Patriots (7-5) (last wk #8)
It’s painful watching a dynasty die.
12. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-5) (last wk #18)
Jags just keep hanging around.
13. Miami Dolphins (6-6) (last wk #20)
Huge win over the Pats; back in control of their own destiny.
14. Baltimore Ravens (6-6) (last wk #14)
Really got their butts handed to them in the tundra.
15. New York Jets (6-6) (last wk #16)
Pesky J-E-T-S won’t quite go away.
16. New York Giants (7-5) (last week #21)
Sweeping the Cowboys will be a nice consolation prize while they sit home and watch them on TV in January.
17. Tennessee Titans (5-7) (last wk #9)
Had a lot of us (myself included) buying. Still as impressive turnaround, but they would need some biblical type miracles now.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-6) (last wk #12)
That might do it for the Steelers… after Cleveland, the schedule is brutal.
19. Carolina Panthers (5-7) (last wk #23)
At least they can still beat the Bucs.
20. Seattle Seahawks (5-7) (last wk #26)
Nice win over the Niners does little to ease a disappointing year.
21. Oakland Raiders (4-8) (last week #29)
Without Jamarcus at the helm, this is actually a semi respectable team.
22. Houston Texans (5-7) (last wk #19)
Seems like that second half at Indy took all of the wind out of the sails.
23. San Fransisco 49ers (5-7) (last wk #15)
Singletary’s boys were still just a year or two away. That Minnesota loss was a train wreck they never recovered from.
24. Atlanta Falcons (6-6) (last wk #17)
Falcons are crippled, and looked it.
25. Washington Redskins (3-9) (last wk #25)
Gave the Saints all they wanted and then some.
26. Buffalo Bills (4-8) (last wk #22)
Bills are already talking 2010 draft.
27. Chicago Bears (5-7) (last wk #27)
Doesn’t get any easier with red hot Packers coming to town.
28. Kansas City Chiefs (3-9) (last wk #24)
Getting blown out is becoming a habit.
29. Cleveland Browns (1-11) (last week #32)
Respectable showing against Chargers earns the Browns a reprieve from the cellar.
30. Tampa Bay Succaneers (1-11) (last wk #28)
Josh Freeman is going to be a good QB; he isn’t yet.
31. Detroit Lions (2-10) (last wk #30)
Settling back in at the bottom.
32. St Louis Rams (1-11) (last week #31)