Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 13
NFL Top to Bottom.
Comments (46)|12 Liked It
Any remaining questions about the Saints have now been answered, as they completely dismantled the Pats. A number of teams are in the playoff hunt that appeared dead in the water not that long ago, namely the Packers and Titans. The top and bottom of the chart stay similar, with the usual shakeup in the middle; here, for week 13, your NFL power rankings.
1. New Orleans Saints (11-0) (last wk #1)
Any Doubters left?
2. Indianapolis Colts (11-0) (last wk #2)
They just keep squeaking by; you figure it’s going to catch up before the regular season ends… and that this will be a battle tested group come playoff time.
3. Minnesota Vikings (10-1) (last wk #3)
Favre and his crew are starting to look like they might be able to give the Saints a run for their money.
4. San Diego Chargers (8-3) (last wk #5)
They just keep quietly winning… starting to look like the Chargers of a few years ago.
5. Green Bay Packers (7-4) (last wk #7)
If they beat the Ravens on Monday, they look playoff bound. And this is a team no one wants to run into in the playoffs.
6. Dallas Cowboys (8-3) (last wk #9)
Cowboys have a chance to take firm control of the division.
7. Cincinnati Bengals (8-3) (last wk #8)
Not exactly impressive in win over the Browns.
8. New England Patriots (7-4) (last wk #4)
Still a very good team… just not an elite one anymore.
9. Tennessee Titans (5-6) (last wk #12)
People laughed when I said playoffs a month ago.
10. Philadelphia Eagles (7-4) (last wk #11)
It’s hard to tell just how good the Eagles are; some weeks they look elite, and others they just plain suck.
11. Arizona Cardinals (7-4) (last wk #6)
9 wins will get them to the playoffs with ease… another mediocre year in a weak division gets them to the show… don’t expect a Super Bowl run this year.
12. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5) (last wk #10)
They’re cutting it awful close here…
13. Denver Broncos (7-4) (last wk #21)
They still aren’t very good. Kyle Orton isn’t very good. Even at 7-4, still not going to the playoffs.
14. Baltimore Ravens (6-5) (last wk #15)
We all know they don’t win that game if Big Ben plays.
15. San Fransisco 49ers (5-6) (last wk #20)
Too late for a playoff run, but this is not a bad team.
16. New York Jets (5-6) (last wk #23)
Sanchez= Over rated.
17. Atlanta Falcons (6-5) (last wk #17)
Needing a last second TD to knock off the Succaneers is far from impressive.
18. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-5) (last wk #14)
Every time you start to think they might actually be a good team…
19. Houston Texans (5-6) (last wk #16)
Respectable against Colts… again.
20. Miami Dolphins (5-6) (last wk #13)
I still think they might save the season; Pittsburgh losing leaves the door at least somewhat open… but blowing it like that against the Bills?
21. New York Giants (6-5) (last week #18)
Worse and worse.
22. Buffalo Bills (4-7) (last wk #25)
Knocking off Miami was a nice little consolation prize. When does the Bills organization get tired of playing spoiler?
23. Carolina Panthers (4-7) (last wk #19)
Jake Delhomme is just about ready to hang ‘em up.
24. Kansas City Chiefs (3-8) (last wk #22)
Is this rebuilding? It just looks like losing.
25. Washington Redskins (3-8) (last wk #26)
Gave the Eagles a run for their money… This team needs some playmakers on offence next year.
26. Seattle Seahawks (4-7) (last wk #29)
Such high expectations to start the year…
27. Chicago Bears (4-7) (last wk #24)
Jay Cutler was supposed to be an improvement. Who’s bright idea was that?
28. Tampa Bay Succaneers (1-10) (last wk #31)
They’re still the Succs, but they are improving.
29. Oakland Raiders (3-8) (last week #27)
You have to wonder if the Raiders will ever win a game and not have it called an upset.
30. Detroit Lions (2-9) (last wk #28)
At least it’s not 0-16.
31. St Louis Rams (1-10) (last week #30)
Thank god for the Browns. The cellar is cold and lonely.
32. Cleveland Browns (1-10) (last week #32)
I’ve decided not to even comment on the Browns any more.
Also From Mnofdichotomy: