Fantasy Football Week Nine Pickups of The Week
Time to search the waiver wire in your league and see if any of these names are available.
Post Comment|0 Liked It
7. Mike Hart, RB/Indianapolis Colts – On a night Addai was sidelined, Hart ran the ball for 84 yards on 12 rushes and added three catches for 19 yards Monday. He would be higher on the list had he not suffered an injury late in the game. He is still worth picking up if you own Addai.
6. Brandon Tate, WR/New England Patriots – Tate went for over 100 yards including a 65 TD reception Sunday vs. the Vikings. With Randy Moss no longer in New England, Tate could start to emerge as the deep threat on a team that loves to chuck the rock.
5. Kevin Smith, RB/Detroit Lions – He got 12 carries in the Lions victory over the Redskins Sunday, the same number Jahvid Best received. Smith ran for 51 yards while Best ran for 48. Kevin Smith just became a sure fire handcuff for all Best owners.
4. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB/New England Patriots – He just gashed the Vikings on 17 carries for 112 yards and 2 TD’s Sunday. If this guy is still on your waiver wire pick him up immediately.
3. LeGarrette Blount, RB/Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 120 yards on 22 carries. Add 2 TD’s to that and the Bucs may have finally found the answer at RB. He is the man to own in Tampa right now.
2. Jacob Tamme, TE/Indianapolis Colts – Dallas Clark who? Okay we won’t go that far. Tamme did however fill the role nicely Monday night scoring a TD totaling 6 grabs for 64 yards. With a lot of top TE’s gone for the season, Tamme is a steal and should be owned.
1. David Garrard, QB/Jacksonville Jaguars – He was the highest-scoring player in Week 8 going into Monday night’s game. Garrard completed 81 percent of his passes for 260 yards and four touchdowns. He is heading into a bye week but hopefully this was not a complete fluke.