Manny “pac Man” Pacquiao: the Greatest Asian Boxer
He is the all-time greatest Philippine boxer and the first Asian boxer to be a champion in three different weight categories.
Comments (2)|15 Liked It
Once again, Manny “The Destroyer” Pacquiao, of the Philippines, a soon to be Hall of Fame Awardee in boxing, had proven again to the world that he is the undisputed king in his weight division – super feather weight.
He demolished Juan Manuel “Dinamita” Marquez of Mexico in a split decision during their second encounter tagged as Marquez-Pacquiao the unfinished business on March 16, 2008 (Eastern Time).
Pacquiao in Action
Four years ago, these two ring gladiators faced each other. Pacquiao sent Marquez to the canvass three times during the first round but he (Marquez) were able to recover on the succeeding rounds and a controversial split draw was declared after 12 rounds of boxing.
Pacquiao and Marquez in Action
The highlight of the second match between these two great boxers happened on the third round, when Pacquiao landed a vicious left hook on the chin of Marquez sending him in the canvass.
The Devastating Power of Manny Pacquiao
Winning this match made him the undisputed super feather weight champion of the world. But not only that, in capturing the title belt on this weight category made him also the “The first Asian boxer” to be champion in three different weight division, flyweight, bantamweight and super feather weight.
A Proud and Happy Champion
Truly, there is no doubt now, that he is indeed the greatest boxer in his weight category, and not only that, he can now be ranked as well as the number one “Greatest Filipino Boxer of All-Time” joining the likes of Pancho Villa and Gabriel “Flash” Elorde.
He had been tagged as the “Destroyer” because of his devastating power. The following lists of great boxers below were demolish or destroyed by Pacquiao, aside from Marquez, most of them were Mexican fighters. Defeating these boxers was his stepping stone to success and fame.
- Chatchai Sasakal – Pacquiao won from him the WBC Flyweight belt
- Lehlohonolo Ledwaba – Pacquiao snatched from him the IBF Bantamweight crown
- Marco Antonio “Baby Face Assassin” Barrera- one of the many great Mexican boxers he defeated twice forcing Barrera to retire from boxing
- Erik Morales- whom he beat two-times in a trilogy, another Mexican great, and his defeat to Pacquiao forced him to end his boxing career as well
- Oscar Larios – another Mexican, and a two-time world champion was added on the list of boxers destroyed by Manny
- Jorge Solis – another Mexican was also demolished by Manny Pacquiao, and many other boxers
Pacquiao Against Morales
Manny is only 29 year-old, there is still a lot in store for his great boxing career.
Manny Pacquiao, is truly the greatest warrior in the ring the Philippines has ever-produced. The entire Filipino community is proud of you! You’re a great honor to the Philippines. Mabuhay!